The Windjammer Pool is located behind the Windjammer restaurant complex. This family-friendly, nearly Olympic-size recreational swimming pool has multiple slides, and a covered kiddie wading pool for children 5 & under.
Rec Swim at the Windjammer Pool
Rec Swim on Thursdays, Saturdays, & Sundays 11:30am-7:30pm, and 12:00pm-7:00pm on US holidays.
Please note that social distancing max capacity remains at 50 persons on a 1st-come, 1st-served basis; others will be allowed into the facility as other patrons exit, on a 1-out, 1-in basis. And in addition to regular pool rules, the following applies:
- Pool space is 1st-come, 1st-served for the first 50 patrons. Once 50 people enter, no further entries will be allowed unless someone leaves for the day.
- Patrons should wear masks when signing in and entering/exiting the facility, and must follow social distancing guidelines at all times.
- Limited seating due to distancing requirements. Unless same household or cohabitating, please do not move chairs closer together.
- Multiple tot dock stations are available for parents to use with their small children in the shallow end. Tot docks are available for individual households with small children who cannot stand/touch; please do not have multiple households’ children on the same tot dock at once. Older children/children who can stand/touch in the shallow water should not hang on or use tot docks.
- No lap swimming, & No playground access at this time.
- MWR cannot provide equipment or lifejacket checkout. You may bring your own US Coast Guard approved lifejackets or small pool toys for your own children to play with; please disinfect them prior to entering the pool.
- NO inflatables of any type are allowed in the facilities.
- No food/snacks or beverages (aside from water) inside the pool area, no exceptions; please use the picnic tables outside of the pool area.
- Restroom/locker-room facilities are limited to one person or household at a time.
- No "saving" spots for others; check-in must be in-persona and is on a 1st-come, 1st-served basis.
- All other pool & facility rules must be adhered to; please follow the Aquatics staff’s instructions.
- NSGB MWR Navy Youth Swim Licenses all expired on March 31st; children under 17 wanting to use the deep end or slides must have a current Swim License. Please see the lifeguards for info and swim testing.
Windjammer Wading pool is now OPEN!
Please note the following rules apply for wading pool use:
- Wading pool is for children ages 5 & under only, with direct parental supervision.
- Maximum 2 families (or 8 people, whichever is greater) at a time.
- Entry is on a 1st-come, 1st-served basis; no ‘holding’ spots for others.
- Please be conscious of others waiting to use the wading pool, & share wading pool time nicely.
- Please maintain NSGB social distancing best practices.
- Patrons may bring their own toys for use; MWR Aquatics’ toys & equipment are not available.
- No regular diapers! Swim pants or swim diapers only.
- Wading pool may close for sanitation if/as needed.
- Please exit the wading pool area when directed to do so by the lifeguards.
Windjammer Orange & Blue Slides are now OPEN!
Please note the following rules apply for slide use:
- All children under 17 must have a current Navy Youth Swim License and show their wristband to the attendant in order to use the Orange or Blue slides; NO EXCEPTIONS.
- One person every 6 feet on the slide structure at a time; please wait at the bottom of the slide stairs for the people in front to move to the next designated spot(s) before climbing up. No grouping together on the stairs!
- Person at the top must ensure the rider before them has exited the slide drop zone before sliding.
- Ride the slides Feet-First, sitting or laying down.
- NO backwards, NO headfirst, NO twisting sliders.
- No doubles, chains, or stopping on the slides.
- Sliders must immediately swim away from/exit the slide drop zone area.
- Parents may not catch their children off the slides.
- No lifejackets or flotation devices allowed on the slides. If a person cannot swim on their own, they cannot use the slide!
- Please maintain NSGB social distancing best practices and follow any/all posted guidance.
- Slides may close for sanitation if/as needed.
- Failure to obey the slide rules may result in slide closure to all.
We thank you for your patience while we all adjust to this ‘new normal’. We ask that you please adhere to posted rules so we may continue to offer our services. Failure to follow rules & protocols may result in loss of use for all.
Please see our Navy Youth Swim License and SPLASH downloads for complete information on Youth Swim Testing and Aquatics facilities access requirements.
Children 10-16 MUST have a current Navy Youth Swim License to be able to enter the facility without an adult guardian, and to be able to access the deep end, slides and floating recreational structures.
Children under 10 must pass the Navy Youth Swim test in order to be able to accces the orange & blue slides, any part of the deep end, or floating recreational structures, and must have a parent present at all times.
Any child without a Navy Youth Swim License must be accompanied by and within arm's reach of an adult parent/guardian at all times.