The purpose of the Child and youth Program (CYP) Food Service Worker position is to perform a variety of food preparation and food service tasks for the CYP. This position is located in a child Development Center (CDC) but may assist with food preparation for the School Age Care (SAC) program
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The CYP Food Service Worker performs various tasks or a sequence of tasks in food service preparation. Tasks consist of several steps that require attention to work operations and follow and established sequence of work. These tasks, which are summarized into categories related to food preparation and service, kitchen maintenance, and food storage, are summarized below.
Food preparation and service. Kitchen maintenance, Labels and dates all items in accordance with sanitation and health standards.
Responsible for complying with security, fire and sanitation rules, policies, procedures, and regulations.
Candidates will be evaluated on quality and nature of the experience pertinent to the position. Application must show sufficient knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the full range of duties of a Food Service Worker.
Applicants are STRONGLY encouraged to address the above job requirements and submit with application. Applications should include all experience, training, education, or other information that is relevant to the announced vacancy.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Include name and contact information for at least three (3) professional references in your resume
- If claiming Veteran's Preference, completed SF-15 and a legible copy of DD-214 (page 4) as well as any other supporting documentation (disability, official statements, proof of service, etc.) is required.
- If claiming Gold Star Veteran's Preference, completed SF-15 and a legible copy of DD-1300 as well as any other supporting documentation (official statements, document of service, court decree, etc.) is required.
- If claiming Military Spouse Preference, a copy of sponsor's orders (applicable for NF-03 and below or equivalent).
- If claiming Department of Defense (DOD) Non-appropriated Fund (NAF) Business Based Action (BBA) Priority consideration, submit a copy of the notice of separation.
- If you are a current federal employee, submit your most recent Personnel Action Report (PAR) or SF-50.
- If you are a current federal employee, submit your last three evaluations.
Submit resume/application to: NAF HR Office, PSC 1005 Box 19, FPO, AE, 09593, you can drop at Bldg. 760 or E-Mail resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
As a condition of employment, the selectee will be required to participate in the Direct Deposit/Electronic Fund Transfer upon hiring.
The Department of Navy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, or any other non-merit factor.
Management reserves the right to fill the vacancy by methods other than merit staffing procedures (i.e., non-competitive placements in lieu of, or as exceptions to competitive procedures), or cancel the vacancy announcement at any time during the recruitment process.