INTRODUCTON: This position is located in the MWR Windjammer aboard Naval Station, Guantanamo Bay, Cuba. This position is to provide and assistance with the direct support of MWR Food and Beverage.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The incumbent is involved in one or more recreational activities such as military or community center activities; youth activities; outdoor recreation; craft and hobby shops; athletics, fitness and sports programs; music and theater and / or other similar MWR recreational services.
Provides oversight of activities and necessary services to authorized patrons, including general information on the use of equipment.
Provides information concerning facilities and operation.
Ensures adherence to regulations and safety procedures. Monitor and checks the security of premises.
May assist in maintaining routine reports and/or perform clerical, custodial and/or general maintenance duties as needed. May operate a cash register, receive payments and make change.
Performs other related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: Must be able to learn MWR policies, rules and regulations involving the work area, and have the ability to communicate orally and in writing. Must have knowledge of basic mathematics. Six months experience in the assigned recreational activity is desired.
EVALUATION: Candidates will be evaluated on quality and nature of the experience pertinent to the position. Applications must show sufficient knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the full range of duties of the Recreation Assistant.
This position may require the incumbent to drive a vehicle around the installation. A valid driver’s license is also required.
This position requires successful completion of a background check.
Applicants are STRONGLY encouraged to address the above job requirements and submit with application. Applications should include all experience, training, education, or other information that is relevant to the announced vacancy.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Include name and contact information for at least three (3) professional references in your resume
- If claiming Veteran's Preference, completed SF-15 and a legible copy of DD-214 (page 4) as well as any other supporting documentation (disability, official statements, proof of service, etc.) is required.
- If claiming Gold Star Veteran's Preference, completed SF-15 and a legible copy of DD-1300 as well as any other supporting documentation (official statements, document of service, court decree, etc.) is required.
- If claiming Military Spouse Preference, a copy of sponsor's orders (applicable for NF-03 and below or equivalent).
- If claiming Department of Defense (DOD) Non-appropriated Fund (NAF) Business Based Action (BBA) Priority consideration, submit a copy of the notice of separation.
- If you are a current federal employee, submit your most recent Personnel Action Report (PAR) or SF-50.
- If you are a current federal employee, submit your last three evaluations.
Submit resume/application to: NAF HR Office, PSC 1005 Box 19, FPO, AE, 09593, you can drop at Bldg. 760 or E-Mail resume to: email@example.com
As a condition of employment, the selectee will be required to participate in the Direct Deposit/Electronic Fund Transfer upon hiring.
The Department of Navy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, or any other non-merit factor.
Management reserves the right to fill the vacancy by methods other than merit staffing procedures (i.e., non-competitive placements in lieu of, or as exceptions to competitive procedures), or cancel the vacancy announcement at any time during the recruitment process.