I. INTRODUCTION: This position is located within the Windjammer Complex at the MWR Food and Beverage Department aboard Naval Station, Guantanamo Bay, Cuba. The primary purpose of this position is to assist in the proper usage and operation of the facility, recreation activity, and provide proper collection and disposition of revenues generated at the assigned facility.
II. MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The incumbent is involved in one or more recreational activities such as military or community center activities; youth activities; outdoor recreation; craft and hobby shops; athletics, fitness and sports programs; music and theater and/or other similar recreational services.
- Provides oversight of activities and necessary services to authorized patrons, including general information and support of bingo programs. Provides information concerning facilities and operation.
- Ensures adherence to regulations and safety procedures.
- Monitors and checks the security of the premises.
- May assist in maintaining routine reports and/or perform clerical, custodial and/or general maintenance duties as needed. May operate a cash register, receive payments and make change.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
III. REQUIREMENTS: Six months experience in the assigned recreational activity is desired. Must be able to learn MWR policies, rules and regulations involving the work area, and have the ability to communicate orally and in writing. Must have knowledge of basic mathematics.
EVALUATION: Candidates will be evaluated on quality and nature of the experience pertinent to the position. Application must show sufficient knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the full range of duties of the Recreation Aid.
Applicants are STRONGLY encouraged to address the above job requirements and submit with application. Applications should include all experience including dates of employment, training, education, or other information that is relevant to the announced vacancy.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Resume, including month and year of employment for each position (required)
- Include name and contact information for at least three (3) professional references in your resume.
- If claiming Veteran's Preference, completed SF-15 and a legible copy of DD-214 (page 4) as well as any other supporting documentation (disability, official statements, proof of service, etc.) is required.
- If claiming Gold Star Veteran's Preference, completed SF-15 and a legible copy of DD-1300 as well as any other supporting documentation (official statements, document of service, court decree, etc.) is required.
- If claiming Military Spouse Preference, a copy of sponsor's orders (applicable for NF-03 and below or equivalent).
- If claiming Department of Defense (DOD) Non-appropriated Fund (NAF) Business Based Action (BBA) Priority consideration, submit a copy of the notice of separation.
- If you are a current federal employee, submit your most recent Personnel Action Report (PAR) or SF-50.
Submit resume/application to: NAF HR Office, PSC 1005 Box 19, FPO AA, 34009, you can drop at Bldg. 2124 (old school house, behind Windjammer) or e-mail resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title and number (#2023-051) in the subject line and on your resume. Failure to include this information will result in not being considered for the position.
Resumes that contains PII or EEO information will be rated as INELIGIBLE. (Information such as birth dates, religious affiliations, pictures, passport numbers, etc.).
As a condition of employment, the selectee will be required to participate in the Direct Deposit upon hire.
DON is an EEO employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, or other non-merit factor. Reasonable accommodations are provided to applicants with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed for any part of the application and hiring process, please contact the office that is collecting the applications. The decision on granting reasonable accommodations will be on a case by case basis.
NOTE: Management reserves the right to fill the vacancy by methods other than merit staffing procedures (i.e., non-competitive placements in lieu of, or as exceptions to competitive procedures), or cancel the vacancy announcement at any time during the recruitment process.