I. INTRODUCTION: This position is located at the Morale, Welfare and Recreation (MWR) Department; Commander, Navy Installations Command (CNIC) aboard Naval Station, Guantanamo Bay, Cuba. This position provides direct support for Lyceum Concession.
II. MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: This position will require the incumbent to perform tasks such as:
- Assists with food preparation and clean-up
- Utilizes standardized food portion requirements to prepare to-go orders
- Serve cold beverages at customers’ requests
- Provides outstanding customer service by answering questions and taking orders at front counter
- Performs housekeeping tasks and is accountable for maintaining a safe, clean workplace.
- May unload food from delivery trucks and move heavy garbage cans.
- Operate cash register and be responsible for own change fund
- Performs other duties as required
III MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: In this customer-facing role, the incumbent must demonstrate outstanding customer service skills and be able to competently take and fulfill orders.
- Must be personable, approachable, and provide outstanding customer service.
- Ability to articulate professional conversations well in Standard American English.
- Concentration is required to serve uniform individual portions and to avoid distractions when serving several people at the same time.
- Ability to perform routine tasks involving multiple steps or completing tasks in sequential order.
- Simple arithmetic and cash handling techniques.
- Working knowledge of common sanitation procedures to prevent contamination.
EVALUATION: Candidates will be evaluated on quality and nature of the experience pertinent to the position. Application must show sufficient knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the full range of duties of a Food Service Worker.
Applicants are STRONGLY encouraged to address the above job requirements and submit with application. Applications should include all experience, training, education, or other information that is relevant to the announced vacancy.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Resume, including month and year of employment for each position (required).
- Include name and contact information for at least three (3) professional references in your resume.
- If claiming Veteran's Preference, completed SF-15 and a legible copy of DD-214 (page 4) as well as any other supporting documentation (disability, official statements, proof of service, etc.) is required.
- If claiming Gold Star Veteran's Preference, completed SF-15 and a legible copy of DD-1300 as well as any other supporting documentation (official statements, document of service, court decree, etc.) is required.
- If claiming Military Spouse Preference, a copy of sponsor's orders (applicable for NF-03 and below or equivalent).
- If claiming Department of Defense (DOD) Non-appropriated Fund (NAF) Business Based Action (BBA) Priority consideration, submit a copy of the notice of separation.
- If you are a current federal employee, submit your most recent Personnel Action Report (PAR) or SF-50.
- If you are a current federal employee, submit your last three evaluations.
Submit resume to: NAF HR Office, PSC 1005 Box 19, FPO AA, 34009, you can drop at Bldg. 2124 (old school house, behind Windjammer) or email resume to: Chavadean.firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title and number (#2023-049) in the subject line and on your resume. Failure to include this information will result in not being considered for the position.
Resumes that contains PII or EEO information will be rated as INELIGIBLE. (Information such as birth dates, religious affiliation, pictures, passport numbers, etc.)
As a condition of employment, the selectee will be required to participate in the Direct Deposit/Electronic Fund Transfer upon hiring.
The Department of Navy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, or any other non-merit factor.
NOTE: Management reserves the right to fill the vacancy by methods other than merit staffing procedures (i.e., non-competitive placements in lieu of, or as exceptions to competitive procedures), or cancel the vacancy announcement at any time during the recruitment process.