This position is located in the MWR Spinz & Bombers aboard Naval Station, Guantanamo Bay, Cuba. This position is to provide and assistance with the direct support of MWR Food and Beverage.
II. MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The incumbent will perform tasks with several steps or sequence of tasks such as: sets up food service counters, steam tables, dining room tables, and side service stands with hot and cold food, including meats, vegetables, salads, desserts, bread, butter, and beverages. Serves food cafeteria-style to diners. Serves table’s family-style by placing dishes of food on tables and refilling as necessary. Makes coffee in large urns according to the number of servings desired, with responsibility for timing and brewing. Makes a variety of fruit and vegetable salads such as fresh fruit, tossed greens, tomato, lettuce, and lettuce wedges. Serves food in standard portions by placing uniform amounts in small dishes or glasses in prescribed quantities. Makes simple sandwiches. Packs box lunches. Maintains water and detergent levels in dishwashers; removes strainer pans, inspection doors, etc., for proper cleaning of dishwasher, inside and out; removes calcium deposits as required; and restores room to orderliness. May unload food from delivery trucks and move heavy garbage cans. May operate cash register and be responsible for own change fund. Preforms other related duties as required.
III OTHER REQUIREMENTS
Skill to perform tasks with several steps and use judgment in the performance of sequential tasks. Concentration is required to serve uniform individual portions and to avoid distractions, such as when several people ask for different items at the same time. Simple arithmetic and the ability to read instructions is required. Working knowledge of common sanitation procedures to prevent contamination.
EVALUATION: Candidates will be evaluated on quality and nature of the experience pertinent to the position. Application must show sufficient knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the full range of duties of the Maintenance Worker.
Applicants are STRONGLY encouraged to address the above job requirements and submit with application. Applications should include all experience, training, education, or other information that is relevant to the announced vacancy.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Include name and contact information for at least three (3) professional references in your resume
- If claiming Veteran's Preference, completed SF-15 and a legible copy of DD-214 (page 4) as well as any other supporting documentation (disability, official statements, proof of service, etc.) is required.
- If claiming Gold Star Veteran's Preference, completed SF-15 and a legible copy of DD-1300 as well as any other supporting documentation (official statements, document of service, court decree, etc.) is required.
- If claiming Military Spouse Preference, a copy of sponsor's orders (applicable for NF-03 and below or equivalent).
- If claiming Department of Defense (DOD) Non-appropriated Fund (NAF) Business Based Action (BBA) Priority consideration, submit a copy of the notice of separation.
- If you are a current federal employee, submit your most recent Personnel Action Report (PAR) or SF-50.
- If you are a current federal employee, submit your last three evaluations.
Submit resume/application to: NAF HR Office, PSC 1005 Box 19, FPO, AE, 09593, you can drop at Bldg. 760 or E-Mail resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
As a condition of employment, the selectee will be required to participate in the Direct Deposit/Electronic Fund Transfer upon hiring.
The Department of Navy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, or any other non-merit factor.
Management reserves the right to fill the vacancy by methods other than merit staffing procedures (i.e., non-competitive placements in lieu of, or as exceptions to competitive procedures), or cancel the vacancy announcement at any time during the recruitment process.