MWR Volunteer Opportunities
Liberty Program Volunteer Cooking Instructors
Specific areas of interest include: sushi, baking, handmade pasta, pizza and more.
Have any other talents? We are always on the look-out for fishing instructors, camping enthusiasts, photography and astrology hobbyists. For more information please contact Sherita Baker at 757-458-3080 or email at email@example.com
Day at the Bay: Saturday, 27 April, 1000-1600
Event POC: Brittany Babineaux, firstname.lastname@example.org, (225.348.6588)
Volunteers needed for the following roles! Day at the Bay is an all-day event with volunteer jobs for everyone from setup, to paddle boards and even crafts.
Aquatics: these volunteers will be in the water and getting wet! Wear clothes you can get wet in, water shoes recommended!
• 0600-0900 Set-up of Water Area and water equipment
• 1030-1330 Man Shallow Water and assist with lifejackets
• 1030-1330 Assist with Kayaks & Paddle Boards
• 1330-1630 Assist with Kayaks & Paddle Boards
• 1600-2000 Clean up and Breakdown of Water Equipment
Kidz Zone / CYP
• 1000 – 1400 Man bouncy houses & help with kids’ crafts tables
Set Up Help
• 0900–1400 Set-up Assistance & Event Helper
• 1400-1900 Breakdown Assistance & Helper
NEX/MWR Customer Appreciation Fun Run: Saturday, May 4, 0830
Show time: 0730 in front of the NEX
Event POC: Tera Driewer (5751)
Volunteers will help with water stations, safety and clean-up/tear down.
There will be a costume contest so volunteers are encouraged to dress up in a Comic-Con theme
May the 4th Be With You: Saturday, 04 May, 1100-1200
Show Time: 0830 at Ground Zero Paintball
Event POC: Cristina Neumann (2259)
Mandatory Pre-Event Volunteer Meeting: Friday, 03 May at 1630 at Outdoor Recreation (adjacent to the Marina)
Volunteers will help with: decorations, costumed characters, team assignments of players, refereeing the game, safety observers, general set-up/tear down, other even operation needs.
NOTE: This event is both a paintball and nerf event.