Marine Hill Pool
The Marine Hill Pool is a 50-yard, 6 lane lap swim pool located in between the PWD building and Fire House at Marine Hill.
Marine Hill pool is open as follows during Windjammer pool extended closure:
Adult Lap Swim: M, W, F; 0530-0800 & 1600-1930.
Command Training: M & F 0800-1000 (by advance reservation only).
SCUBA: 0700-1200 Sundays and 1700-2100 Tuesdays (for registered scuba classes only).
Rec Swim: 1130-1930 Thursdays & Saturdays, 1300-1900 Sundays.
Holidays Pool Hours:
Dec. 24: 11:30am-7:30pm
Dec 25: 12:00-5:00pm.
Dec. 31-Jan 3: 10:00am-3:00pm.
No School Splish Splash Bashes! Join us at the pool 11am-3pm for some fun in the sun on days/times the pool is normally not open!
During School winter break: Friday, Dec. 18, Monday Dec. 21, Weds. Dec. 23, Monday Dec. 28, Weds Dec. 30.
Friday January 22.
Friday, Feb. 5.
Family Dive in Movies!
Fri, Dec. 18 (Grinch) 8pm.
Friday, January 29 (movie TBD).
GTMO Glide 22.5 mile swim, January 4-March 26; swim at your own pace in the comfort of our lap swim pool!
Complete the 22.5 mile (39,600-yard) swim by March 26 and earn a prize! Pick up swim logsheets at the Marine Hill pool.
Coming in February: 5th Annual Swim Across the Bay (more info coming soon!).
Marine Hill pool hours and programs
Mondays, Wednesdays & Fridays:
The following rules apply for Marine Hill pool lap swim use:
- Lap Swim ONLY; No recreational pool-area use (no sunbathing, no rec swimming, etc.).
- Patrons must follow all applicable NSGB social distancing guidelines.
- ?Pool lane use is available on a 1st-come, 1st-served space-available basis during designated lap swim hours.
- 1 person per lane (2 if cohabitating), and all swimmers must maintain social distancing while in the water or on the pool deck; max 12 people in the pool area at any given time.
- If the pool is full, you must wait outside the facility until someone leaves.
- Enter & exit your designated lap lane from the shallow end only; no deep end deck use.
- Swimmers must immediately exit the pool area once done swimming laps.
- MWR’s equipment is not available for checkout or use.
- Patrons should to come ready to swim and must leave immediately when designated lap swim hours are over; restrooms are closed (but may be available on a case by case/emergency basis).
- Children 10-17 must have a current Navy Youth Swim license & photo ID. No children under 10.
- All other pool & facility rules must be adhered to; please follow the Aquatics staff’s instructions.
- NO group/Unit swim testing/training during regular lap swim hours; for Command/Unit training/testing pool time, please see below.
COMMAND PT/UNIT TRAINING POOL TIMES:
Command PT /Unit Training pool use available at MHP Mondays & Fridays 0800-1000.
Minimum 1-week in advance reservations required, No walk-ins.
Please email: Deborah.firstname.lastname@example.org for reservations.
All social distancing & facility rules must be adhered to during Command/Unit pool use.
Group training/testing is not allowed during regular lap swim hours; advance reservations for any type of group training/pool use are required.
SCUBA instruction pool use with authorized instructors 5pm-9pm Tuesday evenings and 7am-Noon Sundays.
No individual pool use for or during SCUBA training or testing; anyone in the pool area must be part of a confirmed SCUBA class with an MWR-contracted, authorized instructor.
DO NOT ENTER the pool area during SCUBA instruction unless you are a rostered scuba student for that specific class/date!
We thank you for your patience while we all adjust to this ‘new normal’. We ask that you please adhere to posted rules so we may continue to offer our services. Failure to follow rules and protocols may result in loss of use for all.